Good news for fans of GTA Online: The GTA Tuners update 2021 comes on July 20th, is called Los Santos Tuners and brings new missions, vehicles and more.
The summer update 2021 for GTA Online has a release date and a name: Los Santos Tuners releases on July 20 (as predicted by Insider Tez2) and not only delivers new cars and tuning options, but also the LS-Car-Meet membership and new missions.
Everything you need to know
Date: Los Santos Tuners will be available in GTA Online on July 20th.
Time: A specific time is currently not known, but experience has shown that the new update should be played around 4 to 5 p.m. CET.
New content: Not the complete content of Los Santos Tuners will be available in GTA Online by July 20, 2021. As was the case with the Cayo Perico Heist, for example. A new car is released every week in order to keep players involved in the long term.
The Los Santos Tuners updates bring 17 new vehicles. The following vehicles are already known:
- Karin Calico GTF
- Karin Futo GTX
- Annis Euros
- Vapid Dominator GTT
- Annis ZR350
- Dinka RT3000
- Vulkar Warrener HKR
- Obey Tailgater S
- Dinka Jester RR
- Annis Remus
Los Santos Tuners introduces new races inside and outside the Car Meet, each with their own Leaderboards. There are a lot of diffrent race types:
- On the Test Track, you can engage in friendly competitions like Head-to-Head where speed and precision will give you the necessary advantage to best your opponent in a short format race
- Scramble where up to four players race to collect 20 checkpoints.
- Time Trials around the Test Track give you the chance to put your vehicles through their paces and score your own Personal Record.
- The Street Race Series delivers exactly what it says on the can: bruising competition on creative tracks built on the streets of some of Los Santos’ most scenic neighborhoods, complete with shortcuts that are as much about risk as they are reward.
- The Pursuit Series offers drivers a more open-ended experience, with checkpoints placed sparsely throughout the map to encourage creative routes — after all, you’ll be competing against your fellow racers, as well as having LSPD’s finest hot on your heels.
- Meanwhile, Sprint offers a point to point challenge in Freemode with up to three other drivers in a breakneck race from the LS Car Meet out to various locations like LSIA and back.
Next-Gen Updates: When GTA Online launches on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S later this year, select vehicles will be upgradable with all new speed improvements and more. These special upgrades will be available only on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of Grand Theft Auto V.
THE LS CAR MEET
Car meets have always been a popular activity for the community. At least until some rag comes over on his Oppressor MkII and blows up the party. With the new update, players can meet protected from greifers and thus do not run the risk of being disturbed by them. Armed vehicles and even the police have to stay outside (of course).
At the LS Car Meet, players can present their cars, hold races, and try out changing vehicles on a test track. Up to 30 players can take part in the competition, in which direct vehicle contact is deactivated. In the underground world of the Car Meet, Reputation is a valuable commodity. Earn Rep by participating in (and winning) races, daily log in bonuses, putting in time on the Test Track, and even just hanging out at the Car Meet.
Earning Rep gets you an assortment of rewards to elevate your status in the scene — these include unlocking access to all sorts of fashionable gear, flashy new car customization options like new wheels and liveries, as well as Trade Prices on certain vehicles, access to new Race modes, and even the ability to hold your own private Car Meet.
Members will also get to compete in rotating Prize Ride Challenges for the opportunity to win a special Prize Ride and get access to a range of special shops and features — including the Merch Shop, Tattoo Shop, and the Modding Area, where you can show off your customization prowess to other players in real time as you work on your stanced build. Higher level Members can also create a Private Takeover complete with customizable lighting and banner colors to decorate the Car Meet space to your tastes.
Some new content is already available
- Free “Los Santos Customs” t-shirt for logging into GTA Online
- Free “Los Santos Tour” jacket for playing an Impromptu race
- Free Los Santos Customs overall for selling a stolen vehicle to Los Santos Customs